Wednesday, May 10, 2017

14. Five Stinky Socks

14. Five Stinky Socks by Jim Benton

Personally, I found this book hilarious. The monster is super cute and I think he talks about something that we can all relate to. He goes sock by sock explaining to the reader why they smell so much. He washes dirty dishes with the first, compares the second to a skunk, found the third in the trash, and relates the fourth to a dirty diaper booty (my personal favorite). Once he has on all of his dirty socks, he puts on his five stinky shoes. It's a great chance to talk about colors, patterns, and numbers with your child. Jenny, of course, is too young to understand these concepts, but I still explain to her the ideas and theories. She likes touching the monster and is enthralled with the bright colors.

Looking forward to finding and relishing in other Jim Benton books. The back cover mentions Piggy Paints, Where's my Fnurgle? and Robot Kitties. What promising titles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment