Sunday, March 12, 2017

Welcome

Jenny at work with me, ordering books. No big deal.
My daughter was born on December 6th, 2016. She was 9 pounds, 1 ounce, and 21 inches long. She's perfect, and I can't imagine life without her.

I was born April 24th, 1989. I was 9 pounds, 9 ounces. I am not perfect. I've recently left my job as a youth services manager at the most perfect library to spend time with my daughter and to raise her while my husband is working. I've got a chore chart (to feel accomplished), and one thing on that chart is "self care." Everyday, I will take time to make sure I treat myself. That can be a hot shower, a cup of coffee, taking a walk, or reading books.

My boss (soon to be former boss), really urged me to stay in the field as best as I can, so when I apply for jobs when the kids are in school, I will still appeal to potential employers. I've always wanted to start a book review blog. Now is the perfect time.

I want to instill a love of books and reading in my daughter. I want her to appreciate libraries and feel the library magic when she walks through those doors. I want to read to my daughter.

Reading to Jenny will serve as self care. Reading to Jenny will help me stay relevant in my field. This blog will be a review and record of books I read to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment