Wednesday, June 14, 2017

26. Tickle my Ears

26. Tickle my Ears by Jorg Muhle


I love interactive books. I think they can be a lot of fun to read with children and they really can get a reluctant reader interested in books. Preschoolers get titles like Press Here by Herve Tullet, while older readers get Choose Your Own Adventure type books. Tickle my Ears is also an interactive title, where the child assists a rabbit in getting ready for bed.

Jenny is now 6 months old, but I think she's still too young to really understand the concept of books like this. I mean, she doesn't even know how or why we clap our hands yet, so this title goes way over her head. I would, though, recommend it for baby or toddler story times. Better yet, if your library has a bunny stuffed animal, what a great prop for this book. Or parents can pretend their child is the bunny, and get them "ready for bed" by tickling their ears, stroking their backs, and giving good night kisses.

Ugh, please, someone use this for a pajama story time. IT'S PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment